Friday 27 April 2012

April 23, 2012 (1:21 PM)

Dear Family,

Hey! I leave for Germany tomorrow morning! Today was a really short P-day so I don't have much time to e-mail you guys, but I will be calling from the airport! I can't believe that it is happening already!
On Wednesday, I was able to be a host for new missionaries. I picked them up from the street and watched them say goodbye to their families. I showed them where their resident room was and welcomed them to the MTC. It was pretty emotional to see them all say good-bye to their families and loved ones.
 It reminded me of my departure a lot. Almost all of the missionaries teared up - even some of the ones I didn't think would!

Our teachers taught us how to teacher the Law of Chastity in German! I realized how much German that I don't know yet!  It was actually really hard to do and I heard that it is one of the things the German people have the most trouble with. Our teacher sat and talked to us about what we can expect in Germany, positive and negative! Mostly everything was positive, so I'm excited!

Grandpa gave me $50 in an Easter letter. I gave the money to Jocelyn and she bought me this really nice tie that I wanted! It made me happy to see it! You all would love it if you saw it! I gotta thank Jocelyn and Grandma and Grandpa so much for it!

We realized that the food here is clogging up our systems a lot, so all four of us Elders took 2-3 gentle laxatives and regretted it in the morning! It was bad!! I won't go into detail, just know that it was very bad!

I'm sending you pictures today so that you all can put names to the faces of the companions I have been training with.

This week has gone way too fast! I thought it would go slow since it is my last week, but it goes at the same pace! I miss everyone so much! It feels weird going half way around the world and breing so far from everyone.

Thank you for all your letters, and thank you for always thinking of me and writing! Dad, I understood your whole German letter- thanks for writing me in German.

I can't wait to call you guys tomorrow! Love you all.

Elder Luening

No comments:

Post a Comment