Tuesday 24 July 2012

July 23, 2012, Hannover


Hey guys,

 Thanks for the email that you sent me. I don't have much time today, so I’ll try to do this quickly.

So Hannover is sick! I love it, it’s so much fun to work in. Everyone here is so much nicer and friendlier than in eastern Germany. And since there are so many people I don’t have to worry about talking to the same person twice! haha.

So, I’m living in a four elder apartment with the Zone Leaders: Elder H and Elder S, and my new comp Elder W. They are awesome missionaries and really hard workers. Elder W and I are pretty much starting from scratch again. We're doing a lot of finding and trying to get a lot of new investigators. We've had some way cool experiences together already.

   We went to check up on a contact that ended up not being home. So we went tracting in the building beside it. In that building at the very top, a lady opened her door after us “klingled”. She said she didn't want to hear what we had to say but didn’t close the door. We just kept talking to her and telling her why we're here and what our message is about. She started asking us questions and we were able to teach her the whole first lesson on her doorstep, and give her the Book of Mormon with an introduction to it. It was so cool, and the spirit was so strong. We told her that we can't 'Zwing' (Deutch- force ) anyone and that we don’t want to. But that God will testify to her of our message. She's like “Yeah, I know you guys can’t force anyone to do that, rather you let the spirit work through you!”.  It was so cool that she said that, and she set up another appointment with us. This happened on Friday. I had also noticed that I was having a tough time declaring our message to people (the restoration) so I studied it that morning for both my personal study and language study so that I would know how to tell people about it through the day. And the Lord blessed us by helping us find someone ready to hear that message.

   Also on Saturday, another appointment fell through, and President Kosak told me in an email  that right when an appointment falls through, look immediately for someone to teach in the area that you’re at, because the lord will bless you with something else. So that’s exactly what we did, we talked with  a couple from India sitting on a bench. They couldn’t speak German but spoke really good English. They invited us to sit with them and we were about to give them the first lesson. They were Christians and have a really strong faith in Jesus Christ and really wanted to read the Book of Mormon. We didn’t have an English copy with us, but they said that we could come by their house and give them one the next day. It was such a good lesson too, he had a lot of questions and the spirit again was so strong. We gave him and his wife the Book of Mormon yesterday and they are really excited to read it. They said that they read the Bible every night and that they will tie the Book of Mormon into their reading time too, and that in a week we can check up on them again. The Lord is blessing us as we're working diligently.

  I really love it here, we're taking the “U-bahns”, or subways everywhere and that smell reminds me a lot of the times we took the subway when I was younger, haha.

 I don't have much more time to talk but yeah, Elder V and I had a good last day and we're still best friends. He's doing great and hanging in there with his new comp.

I'm loving it here in Hannover, and know that Elder W and I will do some pretty successful things here. We're working hard. The ward is big, about 110 members show up with about 4 or 5 investigators every Sunday. I’m having a hard time remembering names but that will come with time.

Anyways I love you guys and hope you continue enjoying the summer!

Love Elder Lüning!


No comments:

Post a Comment