Tuesday 19 March 2013

March 18, 2013, Kiel


Dear Family,

   I have  learned a lot this week. I made mistakes like always, J but I also experienced great things that I will never ever forget. I learn each week, that is for sure. 

   On Friday, we were in Flensburg for a service project. We wore “Mormon Helping Hands” shirts, and walked along the streets picking up garbage for the city. It was snowing! About 20 minutes into cleaning, Elder G became very weak all of a sudden, and fainted on the side of the road. He also started breathing really heavy and fast. Elder M and I gave him a blessing as we waited for the ambulance. It freaked me out a bit, because lately he hasn't been feeling very well. He has had headaches often, and becomes weak quickly. (He gets what is called Cluster Headaches). By the time we arrived at the hospital, he was back to normal again. The doctor kept him for another 6 hours, and then he stayed the night so they could investigate further into his headaches. I stayed with him in the hospital from 12:00 - 8:30 PM, and then a member picked me up and dropped me off at the Church where the 2 Elders from Flensburg were, and where my car was parked. I then stayed the night with the Flensburg Elders.

   In the morning I took one of them to Kiel with me, and the other one stayed with a member. After Church, I then had the opportunity to baptize Morteza! It was so amazing to be a tool in the hand of the Lord. As we were changing in the bathroom afterwards, he looked at me and said, 'Thank you Elder Luening' with so much gratitude and joy in his voice and eyes. It was so awesome.

  We then drove back to Flensburg and picked up Elder G from the hospital, and brought the Flensburg Elder back to his companion. We headed back to Kiel. The doctors gave Elder G other medication to try when he gets an attack. They believe he fainted because it was cold outside and he wasn't dressed warm enough. So he's all back in order and ready to start a new week!

   I thought a lot about the many blessings that I was seeing, and then V called. He has quit drinking and smoking again. We visited him last night and it is true! He's completely turned around. He said that he pondered about everything that the Lord has done for him, and knew he could never pay him back, so he decided to give up his smokes and beer for the Lord, and never to do those things again. We gave him a Priesthood blessing, to help him and this morning he came to the Institute Center to help us clean it. The Lord is blessing us all the time. The sisters here in Kiel are awesome too. They are hard workers and prepared Morteza very well for his baptism.

   We had Transfer calls on Saturday, and Elder G and I are staying in Kiel. Sister T got transferred and her new missionary, Sister H, will be training in Kiel! J They are both excited for the change because they knew it was going to happen. I can't believe this transfer is over. 8 Transfers and then I am home again! Every coming transfer “ist mir Kostbar”( is precious to me). 

   I'm really proud of all of you! I'm glad I don't have to worry about you, because of how much the Lord is taking care of you. Charlene congrats on receiving your endowment! I'm also really proud of Colten for making the decision to go on a mission (Colton enters the MTC on Wednesday to begin his training for the Quebec, Montreal Mission) - he's going to love it just like you, Charlene and Jeremy, will love it too! Thanks for always letting me know what has been going on. Charlene I didn't have time to read your letter, but will be printing it off and hopefully I'll write you next week. Love you guys, and have a great week!

Elder Luening


No comments:

Post a Comment