Tuesday 25 June 2013

June 24, 2013, Kiel


Love Elder Luening


Dear Family,

   Mom and Dad, I really love you and appreciate everything you've done for me. This last year is going so quick and I'm super excited to see what is going to keep happening in this life of mine and in the lives of others. I'm really impressed at how great of parents you both are. I'm always amazed at how you raised us. I know it wasn't easy, but you made sure we had the Principles of the Gospel planted within us. Thanks for everything that you've done for me and what you continue to do. I know that I still have a lot to learn, but I have a new perspective on things that is continuing to change each day and through each experience.

   We aren't affected by the high water here in Kiel. The cities that got hit were the ones on the Elbe.

    It's been really tough bringing our investigators to baptism. We have 2 that are completely ready but won't commit to a date because they’re scared. E. is such a great investigator. He's reading, praying, coming to church, coming to institute and coming to Family Home Evenings at 3 young married couple’s homes each week. His tests are almost done, and then he says that he's going to quit smoking and be baptized. He's such great guy, and he participates and socializes freely.

     We're having trouble finding more people to teach. But I know the Lords looking out for us and that he's going to continue to help us as we're prepared. “Kieler Woche” is this week. We're going to go check it out today. There are a ton of people here from all over the world. IT's really cool! I love you, and I'm sorry it's not a long email this week, but I'm trying to reach out to others through email too which is limiting my time to write you.

   My mission is the “best, most enriching experience” – better than anything else I could do instead. I always imagine what would have happened if I didn't come out here into the mission. I would have never ate from this fruit (the love of God) that was available. It's true. All of it is true, and I'm so thankful for the Gospel in my life, and for the prayers of all you guys because I believe I couldn't have done it without you. 

    Love you and have a great week. Do something fun with all the free time you now have and with the house being empty, lol. Don't get bored!


Love Elder Luening

No comments:

Post a Comment