Monday 25 February 2013

February 25, 2013, Kiel


Dear Family,

   Wow, what a crazy week! Congrats to Charlene for her mission call! Congrats to Jeremy for not having to dish out $400 on a cake at the Scout Cake Auction! Ha-ha! I hope you bounce right back to health again, Mom. Being sick sucks! 

    I had a good week this week. I was able to go tract some doors with S (a YSA) at a student housing, and had a lot of fun with him. It was sweet that he was so willing to help us out when we needed him. We got back in contact with a couple older investigators, and one of them will be coming to Family Home Evening tonight.

   Also I was able to go and visit V on Wednesday with our GML (Ward Mission Leader - Br. T), and as of yesterday, he stopped drinking again. I wasn't able to visit him at all since, but I took the time to call him every evening to see how he was doing and just to talk to him, and he loved it. He said all of a sudden that he stopped drinking again because he had lost the desire to do it. So hopefully that lasts for good now.

    I was also able to go on another split with C (another YSA) and we taught a less active member. So we only had the opportunity to have 3 splits this week because the other ones fell out, but I am still so thankful for those opportunities to get outside. It's really tough staying inside all the time and not doing too much.

   On Wednesday morning we had our Zone Training Meeting. Elder G (my comp) was really sick and stayed and tried to rest in another room through the whole meeting. I gave our lesson by myself, which was a little weird, but it went really well still. I love teaching J! I love the personal learning that comes from it, and then seeing others edified by what truths I have learned for myself. I feel the spirit every time I teach some sort of principle, and I feel like its addicting J! Same in District meetings, I always tell Elder S (the District Leader) if he ever wants to assign me to give anything -like a spiritual thought or power thought or something - I'm totally up for it!! LOL.

    Sorry if this email isn't too long. I don't really have a lot to talk about because not too much has happened. I spent all day inside Saturday and Sunday. My companion was too sick with headaches on Sunday, so we didn't go to Church. He didn't sleep at all on Saturday night which didn't help much. Our GML came by after Church and gave us the sacrament and visited for a bit. He's really awesome - don't worry, I'll let him know that you think so as well, Mom J!

    I spent a lot of time reading in the scriptures, reading Jesus the Christ, Preach My Gospel, and 'Teachings of the Prophet Joseph F. Smith. Then whenever I felt like my brain was going to explode from too much reading and revelation, I would clean the apartment, and dirty it again, J. I also read 'Max und Moritz'! It reminded me of when you read it to us, Dad, ha-ha! But nah, I'm doing well. The Lord is taking care of me, and I'm taking care of my companion.

   I'm really excited for Charlene and Jeremy! The Basts called me on Thursday night to let me know Charlene will be going to the Missouri Independence Mission and entering the Misionary Training Center  on June 26! That's going to be such an awesome experience!

   I'm so proud of everyone at home. You're all so humble and let the Lord lead you in whatever direction He wants! It’s so uplifting to hear about. I was reading St. John Chapter 2 and realized how simple the gospel of Jesus Christ really is. He taught it so clearly: Believe that He came to save us (Faith in Jesus Christ); leave the darkness and come to the Light (repentance and enduring to the end); be baptized with water and with the spirit (Baptism water and fire)! So simple! 

   I love you guys and hope you have an amazing week! Say hello to the temple for me (It feels like forever since I've been there) and have an amazing session. 

For Granny's memorial, it seems like whatever I 'can' say is very limited. But I would say that Granny was always a 'Patient and Loving Great Grandmother', who had an amazing sense of humor, and was always very 'Down to Earth!'  She's AMAZING! (Hope that's not too personal J!)

   Love, Elder Lüning


No comments:

Post a Comment