Monday 29 April 2013

April 29, 2013, Kiel



Dear Family,

Wow, thanks so much for the email. Mom, I never thought that you would ever plant plastic flowers in your garden, ha-ha. But, it is a good way to save real flowers from dying while you are away for the summer holidays. How warm has it been in Trail lately? It's still hovering around 13-20°C here in Kiel. It only rained once and the rest of the time it was either cloudy or sunny. Every day is different, lol. For example today...It was sunny and beautiful in the morning, and then by 11:00AM it was cloudy and now it is raining -very unpredictable ha-ha!

   So on Saturday we had our transfer calls! Elder G is being transferred to Berlin, and I'm staying in Kiel and will have a new companion. His name is Elder R, and he's German! I'm not too sure where from Germany he's from, but I’m excited to serve with him in Kiel. I'll be training and teaching him what a Zone Leader does...which is weird because I'm still in the process of figuring it all out ha! Just kidding, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Elder G leaves at around 8:00AM, and then my companion comes at 2:30PM. Should be fun!

   This week there have been a lot of miracles! On Tuesday I went on exchanges with the Elders in Glückstadt. I served there with Elder N for the day. He's from Utah, and wrestled since he was a little kid. He's been on his mission for one transfer now (6 weeks). We prayed about where we were going to do finding, and what exactly we were going to do and then went out and did it. It was a lot of fun talking to people and seeing how well he did. It reminded me of when I first came to Germany and barely understood what people were saying, ha-ha.

We also had an amazing first appointment with a family that he (Elder N) met once before. We taught the first lesson and they were so excited and made out a return appointment for Thursday. It's so amazing how strong the feeling of the spirit is in the room when we teach the first vision or the restoration. It's amazing. Sometimes I listen to myself tell the events that happen and see them just staring at me completely focused and I think...”Are they really understanding what I'm telling them?”? Sometimes I feel like if there was someone just listening in to what we were saying they would think we were crazy...but when you're in the moment, and feeling the spirit, you feel the truth and the power that comes from the message. Something else that I noticed is how much I love talking to and teaching people on the streets now. I think it hit me about a transfer ago that I actually really enjoy it. I just meet a lot of different people and learn how they think or feel about life. We had a great “Tausch”. And yeah, he taught me some stuff in wrestling, lol. If we really wrestled though, I'm certain he would destroy me.

   While I was in Glückstadt, Elder G and Elder C worked on a street that the K family prayed about and picked out for us. They found a girl who lives with her boyfriend and has a 3 year old son. He talked to her about families being together forever. She was interested and made a return appointment. So on Thursday, we went with Sister K to the appointment. Her boyfriend let us in and we talked to him for about 20 minutes until she got home. Then we basically taught them both the message of the restoration. It was so sweet! We all prayed together before we left and we have an appointment to come back on Wednesday. And what's even crazier is that the Sister missionaries in Kiel have an investigator with the same last name...Her MOM!! They found her mom and met with her the same week that we met up with her daughter! Both of them are interested. It's so cool! 

   We also met with the L family and also shared the message of the restoration with them. They are such a loving and awesome family. Each person in their family has different characteristics lol. The boys were way interested in the Liahona picture of Lehi, and the mom was interested in how to get a confirmation of truth, and the Dad was just happy that we were there and that his family was learning about God. Ha-ha, it was so funny! They also fed us an amazing dinner. They are seriously such an amazing and loving family! Maybe don't put their picture on the blog because I'm not sure how they would feel about it being on the internet. Thought you might want to see what they looked like!

   Elder G said goodbye to some members this week and he still has to pack so we gotta get going. Thanks so much for the emails. I love hearing about what's going on back at home. Charlene I'm excited for your mission. You're going to have a lot of experiences where you feel unbelievable love for people. Happy times and sad times depending on how people use their agency! Same with you Jeremy. I need your email and mailing address for your mission and MTC. Hope you guys have an amazing week! I love you all, can't wait to skype in 2 weeks!

   Jeremy, love your time in the MTC. It's a once in a life time experience, and enjoy every minute, every situation, and love everyone you meet, no matter what happens! You're gonna kill it!

Love all of you!
Elder Luening!


No comments:

Post a Comment