Monday 6 May 2013

May 6, 2013, Kiel


 Dear family,

 Wow, life at home just seems absolutely crazy right now! This is also going to be a really crazy month isn't it?! There are a lot of celebrations coming up. Oh, and since you guys (Mom & Dad) mentioned going around and visiting families to celebrate, I heard from, "entweder von einen Spatz, oder eine Meise" (a little birdie), that you guys are planning on making a trip out here to Hamburg in June or July...is this true? Guess I'll find out on Sunday when we Skype lol. So I will try to Skype exactly like last year on Mother’s Day. I'll try to be on at around 8:00 AM your time and then we can Skype! If I have a problem or if there's a mix up I'll call the house on Saturday and let you know what we are doing. But plan for 8:00 AM on Sunday. (That would be about 5:00 PM for me on Sunday) Oh and heads up, I'm only aloud to Skype for one hour. That's the maximum time we have, so if you have something specific that you want to say write it down so you don't forget!

  So as usual, I don't have very much time to write today. But I just want to say that I love Kiel so much. On Wednesday I was able to see the beauty of it when we had a church activity in the City Centre. It was a lot of fun. The sun was shining and it warmed up here a bit. I'm starting to feel the effects from it. My pollen allergies are going crazy and the pills aren't doing too much to prevent it. Could you please send me some more sometime...I think I have enough for another 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks!

  Also Elder R, my new companion, is from Freiburg, and he can speak perfect English and of course German...because he's German, lol. He's helping me with my German a lot. He's a lot of fun and we get along really well. We even wrestled a few times this week, and then he got me sick, because he came here with a cold. So, I have bad allergies and a cold at the same time, lol. We also don't have a car any more. On Thursday, we gave it to the senior couples in Hamburg. Now we get to go everywhere by bus, and have to learn how to get around without a GPS, lol. It's a lot different, but the buses aren't too bad here. They all drive pretty frequently and get us where we need to go.

"My First Leadership Council"


   So, Thursday night we dropped off our car in Hamburg, took a train to Berlin and stayed the night with the APs because we had a Leadership Council there the next day. We were supposed to leave with 2 brand new bikes and go back to Kiel. The meeting went long and we had to run like crazy to try to get to the train stop on time. We then found out that we could not take the bikes on the bus so we thought about riding our bikes to the train stop so we would get there on time. The problem was that we didn't have helmets, and we aren't allowed to ride bikes without helmets. It was so tempting, but we decided to call the AP's and have them drive us. They did and we made it on time and found out that we could not take the bikes on the ICE train either! So if we would have been disobedient and rode our bikes there, we would have had to leave the bikes somewhere or miss our train and wait for the AP's to come pick up our bikes. It would have been a 180 Euro ticket wasted, because it was the last train going to Kiel from Berlin that day. So it's always better to be obedient, especially with little things, because those little things could turn into big ones.

   Our investigators are doing really well.
E. is on  for the baptismal date of May 19th, and we got him excited again to quit smoking. He set a date for when he will quit, and we'll keep him motivated. We're going to go over the baptismal interview questions with him to make sure he's ready for this step! It makes sense.

   We are still finding people to teach, and I feel like this week is really going to fly by because we're going to be pretty busy.

  Anyway, I'm out of time now. I'm really happy for everyone, and I'm glad you're all healthy. Happy Birthday Kassandra!! I hope you still had fun with all the crazy stuff going on. Can you believe that you're so old already? 24...and married??!! lol. You're an old lady, ha-ha. Joking! I'm proud of you all and can't wait to Skype! Till Sunday!

Love, Elder Luening

No comments:

Post a Comment