Monday 31 December 2012

December 31,2012, Glueckstadt



Dear Family,

I'm glad that you guys had an awesome Christmas! It sounds like everything ran smoothly and that you all enjoyed your time together. I loved Skyping with everyone! Jeremy, holy smokes, your tall! Charlene, you look so much skinnier than the last time I saw you. Kassandra and Scott, you guys look good and healthy together! Mom and dad you look the same, ha-ha. You both look like you lost some weight since I've been gone, actually. I feel like Skyping went way, way, too fast. But I'm so happy that we're able to do that in this mission. Wow, I miss you guys a lot. Like I said, the time goes by fast but slow at the same time! But I guess before we know it we'll be talking to each other on Mother’s Day again, ha-hah.

Let me tell you what's been going on here in Glückstadt...So on Saturday, Elder A and I had our transfer calls at 9 AM. About 30 minutes before the call, the Mission President called us. I answered the phone and he said 'Elder Luening, how are you? How are you liking Glückstadt?' I said 'I really like Glückstadt, the members are awesome, and the people are nice. I really enjoy it here.' Then he laughed and replied 'Good, good, Elder Luening...you're going to be leaving Glückstadt. I'm sending you up to Kiel, and you’re going to be the new Zone Leader with Elder G...also tell Elder A that he's going to be a trainer and will pick up his new missionary on Thursday! Have a good day Elder Luening, we'll talk again!' 'Click!' I was so shocked. I didn't expect that at all! So was Elder A. We both looked at each other and laughed!

I have no idea what a Zone Leader does and Elder A has been out for 2 1/2 months and is training already, ha-ha! We're both excited though. A bit sad as well “cause we've only been together for 2 weeks, but we decided it was a great 2 weeks and there is no better way to leave than in the middle of our high, ha-ha. Elder A’s and I get along so well. He's a lot like me, so we've never got into an argument or in any kind of fight. We wrestle each other all the time, and exchange stories about things we used to do at home. We also talk a lot about the gospel and the insights that we've been receiving and things that we are so thankful for. We also shared things that we've gained testimonies of and how we gained them.  We get along great.

   But yeah, looks like I'll be a Zone Leader and leave for Kiel tomorrow. I'll write and tell you the new address next week! Glückstadt is still part of the Neumünster Zone so I'll be able to keep in touch with Elder A pretty easily. I have no idea what I'll be doing but whatever it is I'm excited. I've also heard a lot of good things about Kiel, so I'm excited to see what it's like there. We'll have a car, so no more riding bikes. It looks like I'm going to get fat unless I keep up with my “Morgen Sport” (morning exercises), ha-ha. So, last week I introduced myself at Church and bore my testimony, and now this week I told everyone I was leaving and gave my “Tschuss” testimony, ha-ha.

   There were a couple people that I met that know you, mom and dad. The first one was in Pinneberg. His name is Folko S. He said he knew you from when he was younger. And the other one was from here in Glückstadt – Sibylle (H) L. She said that she used to babysit Kassandra and me. I gave her your email so she might write you soon.

Anyways I hope everything is going well with you guys. I love you so much and I miss you. If Jeremy gets his call this week, e-mail the B family and they will call Elder A who will call me! ha-ha. Kind of a chain but it'll work!
Also thank grandma and grandpa and Oma and Opa for me for their presents and the Sloots for their package! And thanks to everyone else who spent the time to get me something and send me cards! I love them all!

I'll probably write more next week when I have more time again.

 Love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment